Monday, October 28, 2013

sweet reminder

"...remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish my purpose,' calling a bird of prey from the East, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it."

How great are these words. Seriously. I read this right before I was preparing to tell a story in a different language. A language I'm afraid I butcher completely every time I open my mouth. But a story that causes me to open my mouth time and time again. These words were a refreshing breath. A breath that let me know that He has a plan through it all, no matter how much I stumble through the words. He has a plan. His plan will conquer all. His counsel shall stand. Praise to the One who has planned a great plan, that He carries through no matter how much I fail. He reigns. Through it all.

1 comment:

  1. How did your speech go? God isn't hindered by our lack of knowing a different language. I got to see this first hand in Korea when one of my 5 year old girls told me she had asked Jesus into her heart. I was blown away because it was her first year learning English and I knew zero Korean.

    ReplyDelete